What must I do to qualify for VUB?
To benefit from our FREE educational services you must meet a few simple eligibility requirements:
If you are not sure if you qualify give us a call at (913) 321-5512,
we would be glad to explain the eligibility requirements in further
- Participants must
- have at least 180 days of active duty
- if less than 180 days, must be released
for medical reasons, or---
- be member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces
called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days,
- be a member of a reserve component of the Armed
Forces who served on active duty in support of a contingency
operation on or after September
- all discharges qualify except dishonorable.
- All participants must be either low-income (based on family income and number of dependants) or potential first generation college students (neither parent earned a 4-year degree) or be a veteran at risk of academic failure.
- All participants must demonstrate academic potential as well
as have academic need. Not all students have the same needs.
Some students require academic and computer coursework to refresh
their skills, while others need more help in cutting through
the red tape associated with college enrollment.
- All participants must have the desire and willingness to
When to apply?
As soon as possible!!! The main goal of this program is to prepare
veterans for beginning, or returning to, post-secondary education.
The ideal time to begin the program is at least one semester
before you want to start your college or vocational-technical