BA, SLL/SEES, History, 1970; MA SEES, 1976; MA, History,1979; PhD, History, 1980
Mark Scott at Chekhov's grave, Moscow .
Mark Scott in Ventura, CA.
- University professor, government civil servant (federal, state, and local), businessman (commercial real estate development), public relations, professional writer (books, translations, articles)
- French, Russian
- Countries lived in:
- Soviet Union, United Kingdom, West Berlin, Italy (Rome) /dd>
- Countries studied in:
- UK (Oxford), USSR (Leningrad)
- Favorite place:
- Either Oxford, U.K., or Washington, D.C. .
- Favorite saying:
- Everyone has problems—just a different set of problems
- Favorite book:
- Love for Lydia, by H. E. Bates
- Favorite food:
- leg of lamb
- Favorite drink:
- non-alcoholic: green tea; alcoholic: German beer chased with German schnapps (Steinhager)
- Where he is now:
- Ojai, California