PhD SLL 1994
Laura Wilhelm (second from right, standing) with Russian women in Los Angeles. Recently, Laura's firm has been promoting the book Runglish
- Founder/Principal at LauraWil Intercultural, a full-spectrum business development company that breaks barriers to success for speakers of English and Russian. Current clients include Dvorsky College Preparatory School and United Independent Taxi. Columnist for WEHONEWS.COM (“Global Lessons in Good Citizenship”). Member of the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Advisor to the Professional Business Network. Candidate for Board of Directors for the Los Angeles-St. Petersburg Sister City Committee. Recent listings in Cambridge WHO'S WHO among Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs and USA Honor Society.
- Attic Greek, Croatian, English, French, Italian, Old Church Slavic, Russian.
- Countries lived:
- USA—have visited Canada, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Russia, and Scotland for business and pleasure.
- Favorite place:
- All of the above!
- Favorite food:
- California Continental.
- Favorite drink:
- Anything with ice.
- Favorite Saying:
- Fortes fortuna adiuvat (“Fortune favors the bold”—ancient Latin proverb).
- Favorite book:
- Difficult to choose, but if I had to: Irving Stone's biography of Michelangelo, The Agony and the Ecstasy has become a personal hero tale.
- All things Shakespeare, architecture, athletics, beach bumming, concerts, cruises, Disneyland, domestic and foreign travel, exploring LA, fashion, interior design, Intenet surfing, language study, mentoring, Metro hopping, minimalist gourmet cooking, movies, museums, restaurant dining, Russian ballet and opera, spa treatments, Universal Studios, voracious reading, writing.