MA, SLL 1997
Jon providing technical advice in the Czech Republic.
Jon shopping for real estate in the Czech Republic.
- Librarian for Slavic and Eurasian Studies, KU Libraries. Responsible for development and managment of collections related to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Baltics, Caucuas, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. Coordinate library research instruction program for Slavic and Eurasian studies. Promote collections in Slavic and Eurasian studies to KU and local community, including K-12 schools.
- Russian, Polish, BCS, Czech (currently studying), Portuguese.
- Countries lived in:
- Russia (Saint Petersburg, Voronezh), Portugal (Lisbon, Setubal, Tavira, Santiago de Cacem, Grandola, Seixal), Czech Republic (Prague).
- Countries visited:
- Austria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland.
- Making friends from far away places, hiking in the mountains with my family, gardening, tennis, dancing, violin and mandolin, cooking, and, of course, traveling.
- Favorite place:
- Colorado mountains
- Favorite sayings:
- You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays. (The Music Man). I don't want to wait until retirement to enjoy life because you never know what's going to happen (Lisa Giullian). Every failure is one step closer to success (anonymous).
- Favorite books:
- Book of Mormon. With Fire and Sword (H. Sienkiewicz); Lord of the Rings (Tolkien), War and Peace (L. Tolstoy).
- Favorite foods:
- European style bread and pastries; Brown Cow maple yoghurt.
- Favorite drinks:
- Cranberry juice or Gingerbread flavored steamed milk; its a toss-up.