BA Slavic Languages and Literatures 2002
John Bidwell with daughters Ingrid and Sydney at Alifakovac Cemetery, Sarajevo.
John and Jo Bidwell, Prague, with daughters Sydney and Ingrid.
- Captain, United States Marine Corps, Amphibious Assault Officer; currently (2007) on leave from service during graduate study at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Sarajevo as holder of Fellowship from Olmsted Scholar Program. Working towards magisterij (master's degree) in Political Science.
- Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrin
- Countries lived in:
- USA, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
- Countries visited:
- Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Malta, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey
- Where is he now (2007):
- Sarajevo, BiH
- Favorite place:
- He often travels without his family to "undesirable" places, so his favorite place is wherever his family is.
- Brazilian jiu jitsu, running, classical guitar
- Favorite food:
- Favorite drink:
- Bosnian coffee
- Favorite saying:
- Svaki početak je težak ('Every beginning is difficult' in Bosnian)
- Favorite book:
- Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield