MA Russian and East European Studies, (1999)
David in a Decembrist museum, Irkutsk, Siberia
- Officer in the Overseas Studies Program at Stanford University, helping with finance and personnel issues for 10 programs in 9 countries.
- Russian, German
- Places lived in:
- Russia, including long stays in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and the Russian Far East
- Favorite place:
- Lake Baikal, Siberia. It contains 20% of the world's fresh water, as well as a number of species that exist nowhere else in the world. It is also in a beautiful location surrounded by boreal forest and mountains on the horizon.
- Camping and hiking, running, arguing about politics, and community organizing around affordable housing issues
- Favorite food:
- pel'meni (Siberian dumplings that may contain meat, cheese, or other things)
- Favorite pastime:
- I really enjoy going out to the country ("za gorod"). I have fond memories of parties out in the forest with plenty of food, drink, and music.
- Favorite book:
- A Hero of our Time by Mikhail Lermontov