How do I make Changes to my Schedule?
Add/Drop/Change of Section
- If you are dropping your only class or all of your classes, you must visit the withdrawal process website.
- To add or change a section you must use the Schedule Change Form after you can no longer add online.
- To drop (add) see Add/Drop Approval Chart as some schools allow drops online through the 60th published instructional day.
If you want to make changes to your schedule yet still be enrolled, follow these steps:
- Check the effect of your withdrawal on your transcripts.
- Obtain permission codes, if needed. "Instructor Consent" or "Department Consent" appears in the schedule of classes if permission is required. (example) Permission codes are available from the instructor or department depending upon the code.
- Obtain change approvals if necessary. See the Schedule Change Approval Chart.
- There are deadlines for schedule changes. Make sure you complete all changes before the deadlines. For full semester courses see the Schedule Change Deadline Chart. For short or irregular courses see the Short Course List for individual class deadlines.
- If a class is closed, check with the department concerning waitlist options. Waitlists are not available for all classes. Departmental staff will give you enrollment instructions based upon the available options.
- Check your schedule and tuition & fee assessment for errors.
If your fee assessment changes:
- If you have not yet paid your initial bill for the semester, pay the new amount due by your due date
- If you have already paid your inital bill for the semester and now owe more, you will receive an additional billing. See the billing schedule.
- If you have already paid your initial bill for the semester and now owe less, you will receive a credit to your account. Credits are first applied to any outstanding charges on your KU account. Once all charges are paid, a refund will be issued. See the Bursar's Refund Website for more information on how refunds are issued.
- Tuition and Fee adjustment dates differ from the deadlines to make changes to your schedule. See the fees site for more information.