Registrar A-Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Apply for Graduation

Students must apply to graduate on-line by signing into the Enroll & Pay system, click on the Enroll and Pay link from Main menu and navigate to Degree Progress/Graduation. Click on KU Apply for Graduation.


  • Undergraduates must have finished at least 75 hours of course work in order to apply for graduation.
  • Be aware that if you apply to graduate and need to change your application to a different semester you must contact your school or college to initiate the change process.

The dates to apply for graduation are listed on the official Academic Calendar. Be aware that your school or college may have an earlier deadline.

Be aware that if a student fills out an application on-line, but then decides to change to a following semester, the student should contact his/her school or college to have the request rescinded. Once the request is rescinded the student can apply online again for a new semester.

Online tutorials are available for how to use the PeopleSoft 9.0 system by clicking here.

If you have questions about the application for graduation process, please contact the Office of the University Registrar, 121 Strong Hall, 785-864-4423,

Caps and Gowns

There are many places a cap and gown set may be purchased, both around Lawrence and online, although the KU Bookstores recommends that caps and gowns be purchased through them. Look for mailings about Grad Fairs and ads in the newspapers in the spring.


Degrees are awarded three times a year to undergraduate and law students who have met all requirements by the last day of final examinations for each of the three terms: fall semester, spring semester and summer session. Degrees are awarded three times a year, May, August and December, to graduate students who have met all the requirements as of the date specified by the Graduate School and published in the Graduate Catalog.

Tips for Graduation On Time:

  • Visit the University Career Center (110 Burge Union) if you need help choosing a career.
  • Meet regularly with your academic advisor to stay on track.
  • Track degree requirements on your FREE ARTS form.
  • Enroll in at least 15 credit hours each semester.
  • Apply for financial aid, grants, & scholarships - Office of Student Financial Aid, Room 50 Strong Hall.
  • [an error occurred while processing this directive]
  • Need a tutor? Visit the Academic Achievement & Access Center in Room 22 Strong Hall.
  • Take summer school classes on the Lawrence or Edwards campus.
  • Enroll in an Independent Study class through KU Continuing Education.
  • Don't forget to sign up for Credit/No Credit by the deadline (contact your school for details & dates).
  • Meet with your academic advisor for a graduation check.

For more information concerning graduation, visit

The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access,, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).