Admittance into KU PREP is competitive. U.S. citizens or legal residents who have received a bachelor's degree within the last three years are eligible to apply. Students who are accepted into the program must intend to apply to graduate program the sciences and have a serious interest in a career in biomedical research.
Applications for Fall 2014 will be accepted until April 15, 2014. To inquire about the status of your application, please contact the PREP program coordinator.
A complete application includes the following items:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement
- An official copy of your final undergraduate transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
Your personal statement should address the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- How have previous experiences shaped your future career path?
- What area of research are you most interested in?
- Is there a specific faculty member at KU with whom you would be interested in working?
- How will you benefit from participation in PREP?
- How will your participation benefit KU PREP and the scientific community?
Submit all materials to the PREP program coordinator:
Lynn S. Villafuerte
1002A Haworth Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534