Admittance into KU PREP is competitive. U.S. citizens or legal residents who have received a bachelor's degree within the last three years are eligible to apply. Students who are accepted into the program must intend to apply to graduate program the sciences and have a serious interest in a career in biomedical research.
Applications are due by April 15, 2015. Inquiries about the status of your application can be made after April 29.
A complete application includes the following items:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement
- Unofficial Transcript (an official copy of your final undergraduate transcript is required only upon selection into the program)
- Two letters of recommendation
Your personal statement should address the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- Describe any research experiences you had as an undergraduate. What is the most important thing you have learned from it?
- How will you benefit from participation in PREP?
- How will your participation benefit KU PREP and the scientific community?
- Identify some of your leadership and outreach activities
Submit all materials to the PREP program coordinator:
Lynn S. Villafuerte
1002A Haworth Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534