|Math and Technology
This description contains
technical requirements and basic directions on how to navigate and use Online Academy modules. More indepth help can be found through the Help link at the top left of every page. Once you are familiar with the structure ofthe modules and the navigation options available, you will be able to best control your learning experience.
For a comprehensive overview on using Academy Modules, please complete the following tutorial. It is available in two versions:
- Minimal Web Browser Configurations
Refer to the help section in your browser (likely Netscape or Internet Explorer) for the following settings. Typically they are found under Preferences.
- If you plan to use the mail features, your email address must be configured in your browser.
- Minimal Requirements for Media
NOTE: The lesson level Previews and Presentations are available in streaming media format (sound and slides). If you do not have the following configuration, you may view the Text Versions of the lesson Previews and Presentations.
- Real Player G2 available from Real
- 256 color monitor @ 640x480
- PC users need a Pentium class PC, with a sound card and speakers.
- Mac users need a G3 and should use Netscape.
- Navigating the Modules
These navigation functions are available
at the top of every page.
- Table of Contents (ToC) - top right
- Forward and Back page arrows - top right
- The Level menus - top center
- Help - top left
Module Tutorial (media - requires RealPlayer)
Module Tutorial (text transcript)