of Institutional Research and Planning
Information for NRC Study Participants
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWING STUDENT DATA
Return any corrections or additions to the Student Data to OIRP in 339 Carruth-O'Leary
by Wednesday November 29.
Student Data Review Instructions
updated November 17, 2006
Hints for Reviewing the Student Data
1. Initial Semester in Doctoral Program
- The time frame is Summer 1996 - Spring 2006
- For most programs, the initial semester in the doctoral program is the first semester
that a student has the doctoral code on the Student Records system. If this does not accurately represent your
program contact Sandra Hannon (email@example.com) immediately.
- If the initial semester on the form is incorrect, write the correct semester on the student data worksheet
and provide a do-all or other documentation.
2. Comprehensive Oral Date
- If the Oral Comp field is blank, there is no record on the Student Records system.
If this is incorrect, write in the correct date and provide a copy of the do-all showing that
the oral comp was completed.
- If the oral comp date is wrong it may be because the date is for a different doctoral program.
The Student Records system does not indicate for which program the Oral Comp was taken.
3. Full-time/Part-time Status
- Indicate which students your program considers to be full-time doctoral students during the time prior to completion of the Oral Comp.
- In general, count a student as full-time unless he/she was part-time enough to affect the time to degree.
- As reference, the Graduate School definition for full-time is 9 credit hours or 6 credit with a .50 FTE GTA/GRA appointment.