Emerging Leaders Academy
The ELA curriculum is designed to help participants increase their effectiveness as public servants and build skills to prepare for leadership positions. Our goal is to offer tools that can be used immediately and that will remain relevant over time. Instructors engage participants in discussions of the competencies they need to succeed in their workplaces today and in the future; our content evolves as new areas of need and opportunity emerge.
Please note: while many of the ideas and tools explored in the Emerging Leaders Academy are relevant to supervision and management, the ELA content does not include material around supervisory or managerial competencies. Organizations and individuals who need to develop skills in these areas should enroll in our 3-Day Supervisory Leadership Training and/or our Certified Public Manager® Program.
The ELA curriculum includes:
- Effective Workplace Communication
- The Future of the Public Sector
- Reaching Out for Mentoring
- Dynamics of Conflict
- Creating Ethical Organizations
- Generations in the Workplace
- Introduction to Budgeting in Public Organizations
- Networking Skills
- Shaping Organizational Culture/Understanding Organizational Change
- StrengthsFinder: Understanding Your Strengths & Putting Them to Work
- The Future ofthe Public Sector
In addition, participants will be guided through:
- Developing a skills and competencies portfolio,
- Shadowing a mentor, and
- Creating an individual development plan.
We continue to hear from past ELA participants that these components have been invaluable in helping them identify ways they can better contribute to their organizations while also planning for their own career development.