Plan Year 2013 Open Enrollment begins
LAWRENCE — Information about the upcoming Plan Year 2013 Open Enrollment for health plans and flexible spending accounts is being distributed by campus mail and also can be found online. Online Open Enrollment began Oct. 1 and continues through Oct. 31.
Who must participate in online Open Enrollment?
1. To participate in a Flexible Spending Account (health and/or dependent care), online enrollment is required every year.
2. HealthyKIDS: Interested employees must apply every year to participate in the HealthyKIDS program. Online enrollment is mandatory, and dependents must be enrolled currently in coverage or newly enrolled during Open Enrollment.
3. If you want to change health plans; add or drop vision coverage; add, drop or change dependent medical, dental or vision coverage; and/or change the tax status of premium payments.
Open Enrollment meetings: Several 1.5 hour meetings are scheduled on the Lawrence campus; dates/times for other meetings can be found online.
• Thursday, Oct. 11: 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Alderson Room, Kansas Union (fourth floor)
• Wednesday, Oct. 17: 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Big 12 Room, Kansas Union (fifth floor)
Health Insurance Premiums: For PY 2013, there were no premium rate increases for Plans A and B; premium rates decreased for Plan C for both single and dependent coverage, and premium rates for the Superior Vision Enhanced Plan increased.
HealthQuest Rewards Incentive Program: Medical plan premiums for PY 2013 are determined by participation in the State’s HealthQuest Rewards Incentive Program that ended July 31. Employees who qualified for the PY 2013 HealthQuest Rewards Discount will receive a $20 discount semi-monthly to the 2013 health insurance premiums (or $480 per year).
To receive the $480 medical plan premium discount for PY 2014, 30 credits must be earned under the HealthQuest Rewards Incentive program by July 31, 2013. Completion of an online health assessment questionnaire is required (10 credits), and the additional 20 credits can be earned through a variety of programs such as non-tobacco declaration or tobacco cessation program (10 credits); preventive medical, dental and vision exams (5 credits each); health and fitness activities (2 credits each). More information is available online.
Retirees who have continued health insurance coverage under the state of Kansas Direct Bill program will receive information from the State Employee Health Plan about Open Enrollment which, for retirees, runs Nov. 1-30. Meetings will take take place at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Douglas County 4-H County Fairgrounds, 21st and Harper streets.
A complete listing of the statewide retiree Open Enrollment meetings is available online.