KLETC announces April graduates
YODER – Kansas Commission on Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Interim Executive Director Gary Steed congratulated 48 new law enforcement officers during their graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) April 13.
The new officers were members of the 217th basic training class at the center. Located one mile west and one mile south of Yoder, near Hutchinson, the center is a division of University of Kansas Continuing Education.
The graduates, who began their training Jan. 9, represented 36 municipal, county and state law enforcement agencies from across Kansas.
Graduates receive certificates of course completion from KLETC and Kansas law enforcement certification from the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers’ Standards and Training, the state’s law enforcement licensing authority. The training course fulfills the state requirement for law enforcement training. Classroom lectures and hands-on applications help train officers to solve the increasingly complex problems they face in the line of duty.
Established by the Kansas Legislature in 1968, the center trains the majority of municipal, county and state law enforcement officers in Kansas and oversees the training of the remaining officers at seven authorized and certified academy programs operated by local law enforcement agencies and the Kansas Highway Patrol.
About 300 officers enroll annually in the 14-week basic training program. In 2010, the center offered continuing education and specialized training to more than 5,600 Kansas officers. Funding for the training center is generated from court docket fees from municipal and state courts. No funds from the state’s general revenue are used to operate the center.
Graduates who granted permission to release their names are listed below by agency.
- Emporia Police Department: Jaffar Agha; Patrol Officer; Emporia
- Altamont Police Department: Jacob Bond; Patrol Officer; Altamont
- Spring Hill Police Department:; Nicholas Canaan; Patrol Officer; Spring Hill
- Reno County Sheriff's Office: Anthony Carder; Sergeant; Hutchinson
- Hutchinson Police Department: Kyle Carlisle; Patrol Officer; Hutchinson
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office: Harold Chance; Deputy; Independence
- Pittsburg Police Department: Jacob Coltrin; Patrol Officer; Pittsburg
- Scranton Police Department: Harold Cox Sergeant; Scranton
- Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office: Alan Crandall; Deputy; Westmoreland
- Linn County Sheriff’s Department: Jack Day; Deputy; Pleasanton
- Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office: Justin Dobler; Deputy; Westmoreland
- Harvey County Sheriff’s Office: Jaron Eilert; Deputy; Newton
- Beloit Police Department: Bryan Ellis; Patrol Officer; Beloit
- Parsons Police Department: Joel Franklin; Patrol Officer; Parsons
- St. Francis Police Department: Wesley Guggenmos; Patrol Officer; St. Francis
- Reno County Sheriff's Office: Rusty Hamilton; Patrol Officer; Hutchinson
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office: Chance Hartner; Deputy; Marysville
- Great Bend Police Department: Douglas Hein; Patrol Officer; Great Bend
- Emporia Police Department:; John Jeffery; Police Officer; Emporia
- KU Public Safety: Scott Jennings; Patrol Officer; Lawrence
- Great Bend Police Department: Josh Koerner; Patrol Officer; Great Bend
- Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office: Darin LaBarge; Deputy; Westmoreland
- Goddard Police Department: Travis Lahann; Patrol Officer; Goddard
- Tonganoxie Police Department: Kent Magnussen; Patrol Officer; Tonganoxie
- Wabaunsee County Sheriff's Office: Tom Maue; Deputy; Alma
- Pratt Police Department: Mike McAbee; Police Officer; Pratt
- Geary County Sheriff's Office: Aaron Parker; Deputy; Junction City
- Lyon County Sheriff's Office: Tyler Pettigrew; Deputy; Emporia
- Geary County Sheriff's Office: Reyan Rikoric; Deputy; Junction City
- Sheridan County Sheriff's Office: Bronson Scott; Deputy; Hoxie
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office: Bradley Sibold; Deputy; Leavenworth
- Beloit Police Department: Cody Silvia; Patrol Officer; Beloit
- Wichita State Univ. Police Department: DeMario Smith; Patrol Officer; Wichita
- Emporia Police Department: DeShaun Smith; Patrol Officer; Emporia
- Silver Lake Police Department: Brad Snyder; Patrol Officer; Silver Lake
- McPherson Police Department: Christopher Somers; Patrol Officer; McPherson
- MTAA Police & Fire Department: Steve Tremblay; Patrol Officer; Topeka
- Wellington Police Department: David VanDyke; Patrol Officer; Wellington
- Reno County Sheriff's Office: Dustin VanScyoc; Deputy; Hutchinson
- Riley County Police Department: Michael Wagenblast; Patrol Officer; Manhattan
- Jewell County Sheriff's Office: Jeromi Wagner; Deputy; Mankato
- KCK Comm. College Campus Police: David Wainwright; Patrol Officer; Kansas City
- Cowley County Sheriff's Office: Brandi Webb; Deputy; Arkansas City
- Norton Police Department: Davis Whisman; Patrol Officer; Norton
- Emporia Police Department: Gabrielle Withington; Patrol Officer; Emporia
- Abilene Police Department: Alex Wright; Patrol Officer; Abilene.