Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center announces June graduates
YODER – Acting State Fire Marshal Terry Maple congratulated 43 new law enforcement officers during their graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) June 15.
The new officers were members of the 218th basic training class at the center. Located one mile west and one mile south of Yoder, near Hutchinson, the center is a division of University of Kansas Continuing Education.
The graduates, who began their training March 12, represented 34 municipal, county and state law enforcement agencies from across Kansas.
Graduates receive certificates of course completion from KLETC and Kansas law enforcement certification from the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers’ Standards and Training, the state’s law enforcement licensing authority. The training course fulfills the state requirement for law enforcement training. Classroom lectures and hands-on applications help train officers to solve the increasingly complex problems they face in the line of duty.
Established by the Kansas Legislature in 1968, the center trains the majority of municipal, county and state law enforcement officers in Kansas and oversees the training of the remaining officers at seven authorized and certified academy programs operated by local law enforcement agencies and the Kansas Highway Patrol.
About 300 officers enroll annually in the 14-week basic training program. In 2010, the center offered continuing education and specialized training to more than 5,600 Kansas officers. Funding for the training center is generated from court docket fees from municipal and state courts. No funds from the state’s general revenue are used to operate the center.
Graduates who granted permission to release their names are listed below by agency.
- Zachary J. Bachert, patrol officer, Ottawa Police Department, Ottawa
- Natalie M. Bounds, deputy, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Independence
- Douglas G. Cathey, patrol officer, Junction City Police Department, Junction City
- Corey E. David, deputy, Wallace County Sheriff's Department, Sharon Springs
- Wayne D. Dial, patrol officer; Mount Hope Police Department, Mount Hope
- Miranda J. Dover, patrol officer, Hutchinson Police Department, Hutchinson
- Beau S. Downing, patrol officer, Oberlin Police Department, Oberlin
- Dillon L. Frederick, deputy, Jackson County Sheriff's Department, Holton
- Christopher A. Gericke, deputy; Neosho County Sheriff's Department, Erie/Chanute
- Jason L. Gifford, deputy, Lyon County Sheriff's Department, Emporia
- Gavlin K. Henderson, patrol officer, Norton Police Department, Norton
- Tanner J. Hendrickson, deputy, Franklin County Sheriff's Office, Ottawa
- Jacob W. Hout, patrol officer, Sabetha Police Department, Sabetha
- Daniel A. Kelly, patrol officer, Metropolitan Topeka Airport Authority, Topeka
- Donald P. Kmiec, deputy, Crawford County Sheriff's Department, Girard
- Robert K. Little, deputy, Saline County Sheriff's Office, Salina
- Juan E. Martinez, patrol officer, Garden City Police Department, Garden City
- Robert S. McCaslin patrol officer, Bel Aire Police Department, Bel Aire
- Steven S. Medina, patrol officer, LaCrosse Police Department, LaCrosse
- Timothy J. Milburn, deputy, Crawford County Sheriff's Department, Girard
- Darron R. Morgan, deputy, Reno County Sheriff's Office, Hutchinson
- Tyler Mull, patrol officer, Elwood Police Department, Elwood
- Terrence J. Page, deputy, Dickinson County Sheriff's Department, Abilene
- Chase B. Peavy, deputy, Saline County Sheriff's Office, Salina
- Daniel R. Pfanenstiel, patrol officer, Meade Police Department, Meade
- Selia R. Pierce, patrol officer, Marysville Police Department, Marysville
- Nathan A. Regier, patrol officer, Andover Police Department, Andover
- Chad J. Reynolds, patrol officer, Horton Police Department, Horton
- Justin C. Self, patrol officer, Basehor Police Department, Basehor
- Daniel L. Shields, patrol officer, Hutchinson Police Department, Hutchinson
- Kevin L. Sipe, deputy, Reno County Sheriff's Department, Hutchinson
- Kimberly L. Sykes, patrol officer, Garden City Police Department, Garden City
- Jack R. Trussell, deputy, Reno County Sheriff's Office, Hutchinson
- Anthony P. Walsh, deputy, Miami County Sheriff's Department, Paola.