DEPARTMENT OVERVIEWUnits found within FS include the following :
- maintenance and construction services - provides point of contact between FS and the campus community; responds to minor maintenance requests; provides preventive maintenance services; maintains, repairs and constructs facilities and infrastructure systems through the building trade shops; and manages resources committed and available for performing maintenance, discretionary, and repair and improvement work.
- business administration - provides centralized accounting for expenditures and billing of other campus departments for services rendered, and procurement and central supply inventory of stock items to support the maintenance and project-related services. The intent is to provide efficient procurement and delivery of both stock and bid items in an effort to maintain work schedules and timely processing of invoices and billings, that either indirectly or directly result in customer satisfaction.
- landscaping - responsible for maintaining the grounds at the University.
- housekeeping - maintains clean and attractive academic and research buildings for use by students, faculty, staff and the public; also schedules the services of Integrated Pest Management and provides special cleaning on request.
- vehicle maintenance and rental - provides a convenient service for preventive maintenance and repair of State vehicles, road service and fuel and offers economical vehicle rental for state employees performing state business. Click on the link for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- environmental stewardship program (ESP) - assists the University and campus living groups with developing and implementing integrated waste reduction efforts and environmental awareness and improvement programs. As a service department, ESP and KU Recycling strive to make a positive impact on the campus community through our service performance and our efforts to encourage waste reduction and recycling.
- energy management - serves as point of contact for utility (electric, natural gas and water) services on campus.
For additional information on obtaining services provided by Facilities Services, please see the Service Guide.