Links and Resources
University of Kansas
- The University of Kansas Home Page
- Academic, administrative and event information
- The University Daily Kansan
- The online version of the campus newspaper
- Academic Achievement and Access Center
- Resources and services to help you be a better student.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Career advising and psychological therapy.
- Emily Taylor Women's Resource Center
- Provides counseling to both men and women on gender and relationship issues at KU.
- Facilities Services
- A division of the University that keeps campus clean and operational.
- A guide to student housing at the University of Kansas.
- KU Info
- Online information from one of the most knowledgeable staffs on campus.
- Legal Services for Students
- Free legal advice and aid for KU students.
- Parking & Transit
- Where to go for parking passes, lot information and parking tickets.
- Office of Public Affairs
- Public relations and press releases for KU.
- Student Health Services
- Information about health care for students.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
336 MissouriSuite 202Lawrence, Kansas 66044785-843-9192785-843-4924 (24-hour Service)
- City Of Lawrence Municipal Court
1006 New HampshireLawrence Ks 66044Phone (785)832-6190
- City of Lawrence Waste Reduction and Recycling Division
- Recycling resources and tips.
- City of Lawrence's web site
- City of Lawrence's home page with links to all of the city's departments
- District Attorney's Office
Charles E. Branson, District Attorney111 East 11th StreetLawrence, KS 66044(785) 841-0211 (phone)(785) 832-8202 (fax)8:30-5:00, Monday though Friday
For questions, please ask for the following:
- Dolores – Victim/Witness information
- Kris – Speeding Tickets
- Andrea – Diversions
- Dean – Juveniles
- Phyllis/Linda – Bad Checks
- Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism (DCCCA, Inc.)
Regional Prevention Center3312 Clinton ParkwayLawrence, Kansas 66047(785) 841-4138(785) 841-5777 (fax)Alcohol Safety Action Project-Safety – (785) 841-4138
Governor's Center For Teen Leadership – (785) 841-6077
- Douglas County Emergency Management Office
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office
Ken McGovern Sheriff111 E. 11th StreetLawrence, KS 66044(785) 841-0007(785) 841-5168 (fax)(785) 843-0250 (non-emergency sheriff response)
- Douglas County Jail
3601 E 25th StreetLawrence, Kansas 66046Phone (785) 830-1000
- Douglas County's web site
- County's home page with links to all of the county's departments
- GaDuGi Safe Center
Provides confidential 24-hr. comprehensive crisis intervention
service (hospital, police and court accompaniment), educational
training programs, peer-support groups, and resource/referral
Phone : (785) 843-8985
- Headquarters Counseling Center
1419 MassachusettsLawrence, Kansas 66044785-841-2345
- The Lawrence Journal-World On-line
- On-line national, state and local news with a link to lawrence.com, a Lawrence city guide
- Lawrence Police Department
832-7509 (non-emergency police response)
- Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical Department
832-7600 (administration 8-5, Monday through Friday)832-0250 (non-emergency fire or medical response)
- Douglas County Juvenile Detention Center
330 Industrial LaneLawrence, KS 66044-1471(785) 330-1300
- Office of the County Clerk
- Division links from County Clerk Jamie Shew's office.
- Social and Rehabilitation Services
- Child/Adult Abuse Hotline: 1-800-922-5330
- Child Support Enforcement: (785) 832-3801
- Family and Children Services: (785) 832-3701
- Adult Services: (785) 832-3857
- Child Protective Services: (785) 832-3771
- Financial and Medical Assistance: (785) 832-3704
- Food Stamps: (785) 832-3704
- Income Eligible Child Care: (785) 832-3712
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services: (785) 832-3709
- Welfare Fraud Hotline: 1-800-432-3913
- COPS: Concerns of Police Survivors
- Organization that provides support to wounded officers' families
- The FBI's "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives," FBI employment and uniform crime reports
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Kansas Concerns of Police Survivors
- Services for Kansas Cops who have survived law-related mishaps
- Kansas Division of Emergency Management (KDEM)
- Kansas Statutes
- Search this site for current legislative information
- Kansas Bureau of Investigations
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime and Victims Statistics