Student Security Monitor
Student Security Monitors are hired for the Fall and Spring semesters only. Depending on attrition, additional Student Security Monitors are hired each Fall and Spring. To inquire about student hourly openings in our office, go to the University of Kansas Human Resources & Equal Opportunity Office website at http://jobs.ku.edu.
Thank you for your interest in the Public Safety Office
- Monitor the University Security Camera System
- Provide front-desk security and building closing assistance with staff personnel at the campus libraries
- Provide security at KU athletic events
- Must be KU student enrolled in at least six hours
- Must be able to work late nights, weekends, and holidays/breaks
- Must be able to pass a background check and be free of any diversions or convictions of felonies or misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence
- Must have hearing and sight correctable to a normal range
- United States citizenship
- Flexible hours from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am, Sunday through Saturday. CCTV Monitoring Center shift hours: 6:00-9:00 pm, 9:00 pm - midnight, midnight - 3:00 am, and 3:00-6:00 am. Library shift hours: 11:30 pm - 3:30 am, midnight-4:00am, 4:00-8:00 am.
- Employees can work up to a maxiumum of 30 hours in a normal work week period
- Hourly wage starting at $8.50
- Uniforms provided
- Complete application form online at http://jobs.ku.edu
- Applications are reviewed by the Public Safety Office. After review, applicants considered for interview will be contacted by the Public Safety Office
- Interview with Student Security Monitor Interview Board
- Background check interview with a detective. A thorough background check must be conducted and passed before applicant can proceed in the hiring process
- If all positions are filled, applicant will be placed in a "pool" for consideration when a position becomes available in that semester or succeeding semesters.