KU Child & Family Services Clinic
Resources and Links
This is not an exhaustive list of resources by any means. The following links are provided in good faith, but neither the KU Child and Family Services Clinic Director nor anyone associated with the KU Child and Family Services Clinic takes any legal responsibility whatsoever for the content and accuracy of the data contained within the following pages.On Campus Links
- The Clinical Child Psychology Home Page
- Department of Applied Behavioral Science
- Department of Psychology
- University of Kansas Home Page
- Support and Social Services - A list of organizations for support and social services available in the Lawrence area.
- Headquarters Counseling Center - Free, around-the-clock help to Douglas County residents.
Helpful Internet Links
Abuse and Trauma
- Child Abuse Prevention Network - A national collaborative project at Cornell University; good links to sites on child abuse and prevention.
Child Traumatic Stress Network
Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
- Al-Anon and AlaTEEN - The national website for families and children coping with alcoholism in their family.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - The national website for people struggling with alcoholism.
- Kidsource Links on Substance Abuse - Articles on a wide variety of issues dealing with substance abuse by children.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol & Drug Information - Helps children, teens and families find appropriate resources and publications related to alcohol and drug use education and prevention.
- National Institute on Alcohol
Abuse and Alcoholism - The national website for this organization
with resources for professionals as well as people struggling with
Attention Deficit Disorder
- ADHD News - Find a wide array of information concerning ADD, message boards, links, and newsletters.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - Comprehensive website on ADD/ADHD loaded with information, resources, and links.
Links on ADD - Great list of informative articles on this topic.
Childhood and Adolescence
- Children with Diabetes - Features include reviews of products for diabetes, help with meal planning, summer camps for kids with diabetes, and "Ask the Diabetes Team" - a team of medical professionals to answer your questions.
- Childswork Resources of Childhood Disorders - Good resource for common childhood and adolescent disorders. Includes links to related sites.
- FOCUS (For Our Children and Us) - Offers to help you navigate the troubled waters of adolescence. Focus Adolescent services: Help for troubled teens and families.
- Kidsource Resources on Disabilities - List of websites on many different disabilities and disorders with descriptions and ratings of the websites.
- Talking with Kids -
Information on how to talk to your kids about tough topics.
- Conduct Disorders.com
- Extensive amount of resources and information on conduct disorders
and oppositional defiant disorder.
- Childswork Divorce Resources
- List of links for parents and kids related to divorce, homework,
and general issues.
- ABC's of Parenting - Devoted to providing Web surfers with reviews and ratings of websites of interest to families and parents-to-be.
- Kidsource Parenting Links - List of websites with ratings. General Mental Health
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Lists publications and services, gives health tips for families, and includes sections on professional education, advocacy and research.
- Children's Defense Fund - Provides a voice for the children of America, particularly poor, minority, and disabled children. Educates the public about the needs of children and encourages preventive investment before children get sick, drop out of school, suffer family breakdown, or get into trouble.
- Childswork/Childsplay - Catalog addressing the mental health needs of children and their families through play. Includes textbooks, bibliotherapy materials, therapeutic games, training materials, and technological aids.
- KidSource OnLine - Information service for parents and educators that focuses on health, education, and recreation.
- Mental Health Matters - Extensive site that includes lots of info on all areas of mental health.
- Mental Help Net - This website is a complete guide of available information on the internet about disorders and treatments, professional resources and reading material.
- National Institute of Mental Health Resources - This section offers the latest information from NIMH about the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses. Included are brochures and information sheets, reports, press releases, fact sheets, and other educational materials.
- National Mental Health Association Links - Another list of many different links related to general mental health.