KU Child & Family Services Clinic
Adult AssessmentLearning Disability and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder A comprehensive evaluation for a learning disability and/or attention deficit disorder will take approximately 6-8 hours of direct clinical contact, which includes actual testing time, clinical interviews, and a feedback session. The following components will typically be a part of the evaluation process:
- Diagnostic interview with the student and relevant family members
- Testing of cognitive abilities or intellectual functioning
- Testing of academic achievement
- Testing of visual-motor processing
- Review of educational materials from grade school, high school, and college
- Completion of self-report instruments pertaining to overall psychological functioning and to attention-deficit disorder
A written report will be provided along with an in-person feedback session regarding results of the evaluation.
The fee for this evaluation is currently $225 for KU students and $325 for students from other colleges or community members.