Coming to KU
"You at KU" International Student Orientation
Please check back soon for information about the Fall 2014 orientations
“YOU at KU” international orientation is required for all new international students arriving for the Fall 2014 semester. Pre-registration is necessaries and orientation fees are required. See the information below for details.
"YOU at KU" is a week-long orientation program designed to ease your transition to the U.S. and KU. Orientation participants complete all required check-ins, enjoy fun social events, and become better acquainted with the University of Kansas. Participating in orientation is a great way to reduce enrollment stress, meet new friends from all over the world, and start to feel at home in your new environment!
Why is Orientation Important?
- Meet new people, make friends and get to know important stuff as well as faculty members that will help you during your time at KU.
- Learn about the KU campus, Lawrence, Kansas and the U.S.
- Complete required immigration, health and English proficiency check-in processes quickly, easily and faster than students not participating in Orientation.
- Meet with an Academic advisor and enroll in your classes earlier than non-orientation students.
- Receive personal attention and support from Orientation and ISSS Staff Program Activities
- Make use of free shuttles to local banks, shops and restaurants
- Attend many Informational sessions, including Staying Legal in the U.S., Enrollment Processes at KU, classroom expectations, cultural adjustment, healthcare and health insurance, safety, libraries, the Lawrence bus systems, and much more.
- Learn how to become a KU Jayhawk!
Fall 2014 Graduate Student Orientation
All graduate students in F-1 or J-1 visa status are required to attend orientation.
The Fall 2014 “YOU at KU” Graduate Student international student orientation will begin on Wednesday, August 6. All graduate international students (Master’s, PhD, and graduate-level Study Abroad) should attend this orientation. We recommend that you arrive to Lawrence in time to participate on the afternoon of first day. Pre-registration is required to attend. Please check back soon for more information about the orientation program, housing options, and pre-registration materials.
Fall 2014 Undergraduate Student Orientation
All undergraduate freshman, transfer, AEC-only, regardless of visa status, are required to attend orientation.
The Fall 2014 “YOU at KU” Undergraduate Student international student orientation will begin on Tuesday, August 12. All undergraduate internationals students (freshmen or transfer), undergraduate study abroad students, and AEC-only students should attend this program. We recommend that you arrive to Lawrence in time to participate on the afternoon of the first day. Pre-registration is required to attend. Please check back soon for more information about the orientation program, housing options, and pre-registration materials.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.