Coming to KU
"You at KU" International Student Orientation
"YOU at KU" is a week-long orientation program designed to ease your transition to the U.S. and KU. Orientation participants complete all required check-ins, enjoy fun social events, and become better acquainted with the University of Kansas. Participating in orientation is a great way to reduce enrollment stress, meet new friends from all over the world, and start to feel at home in your new environment!
Graduates and undergraduates, first-time freshmen and transfer students – all international students new to KU will benefit from this program. Although not required, we highly encourage all new international students to participate in "YOU at KU."
Why is Orientation Important?
- Meet new people, make friends and get to know important stuff as well as faculty members that will help you during your time at KU.
- Learn about the KU campus, Lawrence, Kansas and the U.S.
- Complete required immigration, health and English proficiency check-in processes quickly, easily and faster than students not participating in Orientation.
- Meet with an Academic advisor and enroll in your classes earlier than non-orientation students.
- Receive personal attention and support from Orientation and ISSS Staff Program Activities
- Make use of free shuttles to local banks, shops and restaurants
- Attend many Informational sessions, including Staying Legal in the U.S., Enrollment Processes at KU, classroom expectations, cultural adjustment, healthcare and health insurance, safety, libraries, the Lawrence bus systems, and much more.
- Learn how to become a KU Jayhawk!
Fall 2013 International Orientation
The Fall 2013 “YOU at KU” international student orientation will begin on Wednesday, August 14. We recommend that you arrive to Lawrence in time to participate on the first day. Pre-registration is required to attend.
Pre-register by July 31 to receive a free “YOU at KU” drawstring backpack and to guarantee meal tickets to the provided orientation meals (six dinners and one lunch).
For questions about the “YOU at KU” international student orientation, please contact email@example.com.