In order to maintain legal status as an F-1 student, you must:
- Keep passport valid (at least 6 months into the future)
- Always carry I-94 card
- Complete 12 hours each semester if undergraduate; 9 hours if graduate student
- Always visit with an ISSS advisor before dropping courses if it takes you below the required minimum (above)
- Request an extension prior to current I-20 if you need more time to finish the degree
- Get a new I-20 for any change in major or degree level
- Report any change of address in KU Enroll & Pay (Jayhawk/Current address type) within 10 days of moving
- Do not work off campus without authorization
- Do not work on campus more than 20 hours per week while school is in session
- Meet with an ISSS advisor if you plan to transfer out
- Get an ISSS advisor signature on page 3 of your current I-20 if traveling outside the U.S.
- After you finish your degree, leave the U.S. within 60 days
- Follow Special Registration requirements, if applicable
- Always read emails from ISSS (International Student Electronic News).
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.