- Complete the Online International Student Application
Or mail the paper International Student Application to the Office of International Undergraduate Admissions.
Students seeking readmission to KU, please visit the Readmission page.
- Pay the application fee of $75. Credit card payments are accepted only with online application; otherwise pay by check or money order issued to the University of Kansas. For paper applications, checks must be issued from a bank in the US and show the mailing address of the US bank.
- Request that each secondary school (grades 9-12) and each post-secondary institution (grades 13+) you have attended send your official academic transcripts in the school's sealed envelope directly to KU International Undergraduate Admissions.
- Contact ETS (for TOEFL) or IELTS to request your official test scores be sent directly to KU. Refer to the English Requirement Chart for information about exemptions of TOEFL/IELTS admission requirement.
- Send additional materials required for some academic programs. See the Admissions Requirements & Deadlines Chart.
- If you are on an F-1 or J-1 student visa, send proof of adequate financial resources. See Cost of Attendance.
- Send a copy of the biographical information page of your passport. If you are in the U.S., in any status other than F-1 or J-1, please provide proof of your status (I-94, I-797 Notice of Action, etc.).
- If someone is helping you with your application, you must complete, sign and send the Third Party Release Form, so that we can communicate with that person. This is required if an educational agent is handling your application.
- If you applied online, follow the instructions in our e-mail to check on the status of your application. To change or update information you have submitted, contact email@example.com. Include your complete legal name, date of birth, and the semester for which you applied. When updating or changing admission to another semester, financial documents must be less than 6 months old from the date of request.
Please complete all forms and documents in English. All transcripts should be presented in the language of instruction with an English translation. All forms and documents submitted become the property of the university and will not be returned or forwarded. Mail the completed application form, your official academic records and financial documents to:The University of Kansas
International Undergraduate Admissions
1450 Jayhawk Blvd, Room 17 Strong Hall
Lawrence, KS 66045-7518
USA 3rd Party Release Form KU Policy on Use of Outside Agents