1. Read about Identifying Dialects to learn about the different major German dialect types and see some dialect maps.
2. Read about the Questionnaires used to collect the data.
3. Look at the Recorded Speakers section to learn some basics about the volunteers who contributed the recordings.
4. Select a county on the clickable LAKGD Map to access recordings from that county
5. Utilize the Database Search to listen to all examples of a particular questionnaire item in the database.
6. HTML5 functionality allows mp3 soundfiles to be played without leaving the page in most mobile and desktop browsers. As soundfile links are converted during 2012, mp3 soundfiles will still be accessible "the old way" by clicking the play icon .