1. Look at the Carman Map of German Settlements in Kansas to see the important German dialect speech islands.
2. Read the Daitsch, Däätsch, Düütsch, Dietsch essay for a short introduction to the history of German immigration to Kansas.
3. Look at the Carruth Map of Foreign Settlements in Kansas to locate many late 19th century German settlements.
4. Look at the Census Maps to see the spread of German settlements across Kansas from 1870-1900.
5. Click on the LAKGD Map to access historical and census maps for a selected county.