Installation Instructions for Lecture Slide Show
1. A Windows operating system (98, NT 4 w/ service pack 6, ME, 2000, or XP).
2. A relatively quick computer. I recommend at least a Pentium 3 CPU running at 1 GHz clock speed.
3. 15 Megabytes of hard disk space.
4. A mouse or other pointing device that you are familiar with.
5. Administrative privileges on your computer.
1. Click on the Lecture Slide Download link. When prompted, choose to
save the file to your computer; the Desktop is as good a place as any to save this file.
2. After it has downloaded, run the file Cart_Lecture.exe.
3. After decompressing, open the folder named Cart_ Lecture that resulted from the
decompression of Cart_Lecture.exe. Double-click on the file named pngsetup.exe
and follow any instructions that appear. By default, the lecture slides will be
installed at the root of the C drive (C:\), which is as good a place as any.
4. You can choose to run the slide show when prompted, or you can launch it later by
navigating to the root of the C drive, and double-clicking the PowerPoint file you installed there (lecture.ppt).
Instructions for running the slide show:
1. Advance from one slide to the next by clicking on it with the left mouse button. Do not
click on a hyperlink ( >> ) or on an image (map, illustration, etc.).
2. Click on a hyperlink ( >> ) to jump to a related slide.
Return to the original slide by clicking on the image in the right half of the slide (map, illustration, etc.).
Lecture Slide Download