Minor Degrees Offered
The Geography Department offers three undergraduate minors. The first minor is a general minor in Geography. The second is specifically designed to provide students with a background in Geographic Information Science. The third minor is in atmospheric sciences. You should carefully consider which minor best meets your academic goals before choosing one.
Minor in Geography
Requires 18 hours of Geography courses with at least 12 hours numbered 300 or above and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses taken for the minor
Minor in Geographic Information Science
Requires the following:
- GEOG 111 or GEOG 210, and GEOG 316 and GEOG 358
- Three additional courses from the geographic information science group (300 or above)
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses taken for the minor.
Minor in Atmospheric Science
Requires a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses taken for the minor.
Requires the following courses:
- ATMO 105: Introductory Meteorology
- ATMO 321/GEOG 321 Climate and Climate Change
- ATMO 505: Weather Forecasting
Also requires three courses from the following choices:
- ATMO 521: Microclimatology
- ATMO 525: Air Pollution Meteorology
- ATMO 630: Synoptic Meteorology
- ATMO 640: Dynamic Meteorology
- ATMO 642: Remote sensing of the Atmosphere
- ATMO 680: Physical Meteorology