East Asian Languages and Cultures
Giving to Our Department
You may give online by using the buttons below. Online giving is secure, fast and simple. Click the area you would like to support and you will be redirected to the website of KU Endowment, the non-profit fundraising organization that supports KU.
For information on other ways to give, please visit the KU Endowment web site. Or for information on other opportunities to assist the Department, please contact Professor and Chair Maggie Childs, at (785) 864-9128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EALC Development Fund
- This fund provides support for the department's academic mission in flexible ways: to reward outstanding performance in on-campus language study not covered by a dedicated fund (i.e., Japanese and Korean), to defray the travel expenses of graduate students who present papers at conferences, to support faculty when their teaching and research activities incur expenses that are not covered by limited university resources, for extra-curricular cultural functions, and other such events and materials that support our academic mission.
You may help us to recognize and reward our most outstanding students via the following award funds:
- Andrew and Lily Tsubaki Award
- This fund is given annually to a student to support their participation in a study abroad program in Japan.
- E. John Niswander Memorial Fund
- This fund is used to purchase dictionaries for promising students at the elementary level in Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Grace Wan Award
- This fund is given annually to a promising undergraduate student at the intermediate level of Chinese language study.
- Mary and Joseph Kuo Chinese Studies Scholarship
- This fund is given annually to one intermediate or advanced level student who demonstrates exceptional talent and expresses a commitment to continue his or her Chinese studies at the University of Kansas or in graduate studies.