2010-2011 Undergraduate Catalog
School of BusinessVisit their website » Print...
University Honors Program
Prebusiness majors who meet admission requirements for the University Honors Program are strongly encouraged to participate in it. Its small, challenging classes provide an excellent opportunity for business majors to develop a strong base in liberal arts and sciences. Because its requirements fit well with the school’s distribution requirements, the program fits easily into the normal 4-year program.
Dean?s Certificate in International Business
This certificate is awarded to students who achieve a superior level of expertise in international business. Dean’s certificate forms may be obtained from Student and Academic Services. Requirements are
- Advanced foreign language study through Intermediate II (as defined by the relevant department) and the business language course where available (prerequisites may apply).
- Standardized foreign language proficiency test with a score of Intermediate High or above.
- 2 area studies courses (an approved list of courses is available on the school’s website) focusing on a single geographic area related to language competency completed with a B or higher in each course (cannot be double-counted with general education requirements).
- At least 3 advanced international business electives completed with a B or higher in each course.
- A study abroad experience or an internationally oriented internship specifically approved for this certificate in the geographic area corresponding to the language and area study courses.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.