2010-2011 Undergraduate Catalog
School of Social WelfareVisit their website » Print...
Some employment opportunities for B.S.W. social workers include
- Child protection, foster care, and adoption services.
- Services in community centers, juvenile courts, and residential treatment centers.
- Women’s counseling and shelter facilities.
- Family services, substance abuse, illness, and unemployment services.
- Community services for the mentally ill.
- Services for the elderly in home care, nursing homes, and senior centers.
- Services for offenders and their families in community corrections programs.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.