2010-2011 Undergraduate Catalog
School of Social WelfareVisit their website » Print...
Admission to KU
First-year students enter the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and complete 2 semesters of work (30 credit hours) before applying to the B.S.W. program. Visit the Office of Admissions for information about admission to KU. Visit the Office of International Student and Scholar Services for information about international admissions.
Admission to the School of Social Welfare
- Completion of 30 hours of course work, including mathematics and English composition I and II.
- A grade-point average of 2.5 or above.
- Submission of completed application forms, including 3 letters of recommendation.
Evaluation of transcripts submitted as part of the application for admission includes computation of grade-point average for all work completed. This admission grade-point average is adjusted to include only courses that transfer. A student must maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 and a 2.5 in social work required courses.
Students are admitted for fall semester only. Applications are accepted 3 times a year.
KU Students with 30 Hours of Credit
- Submit a B.S.W. application, available in 107 Twente Hall or online.
- Complete a Change of School application in the B.S.W. Office, 107 Twente Hall.
- When? B.S.W. applications must be received by February 1 or October 1 for review.
- Submit an application to KU through the Office of Admissions, indicating Social Welfare choice.
- Also submit a B.S.W. application, available from 107 Twente Hall or 3612 Flint Hall, Kansas City Kansas Community College, or online.
- When? B.S.W. applications must be received by February 1, October 1, or June 1.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.