All schools & programs > School of Engineering > Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering >

Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering

Visit their website » Print...

Departmental Honors

An undergraduate may receive departmental honors by completing the B.S. with an overall grade-point average of 3.5 in courses taken at KU and 3.5 in KU engineering courses and by completing C&PE 661 Undergraduate Honors Research for a minimum of 3 credit hours with a grade of A or B. Students with overall grade-point averages of 3.5 in courses taken at KU and 3.5 in KU engineering courses are allowed to enroll in C&PE 661 in the second semester of the junior year. Enrollment in C&PE 661 constitutes acceptance into the honors program. The departmental honors designation appears in the commencement program and on the transcript.

The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access,, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.