All schools & programs > College of Liberal Arts and Sciences >

Department of Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders

Visit their website » Print...

Career Opportunities

Most states have laws mandating that speech-language pathologists and audiologists be licensed to practice their profession. The minimum requirement for licensure in most states is a master’s degree for speech-language pathology and the Au.D. for audiology.

The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access,, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.