Faculty in the News
- Dr. Dave Tell, communication studies professor, has received a prestigious award for scholarship from the National Communication Association. http://www.news.ku.edu/2012/august/20/tell.shtml
- KU researchers find dangerous sexism in pickup artist strategies
- Dr. Parson's induction into the Central States Communications Association Hall of Fame
- Communicating Leadership: Reagan, Rhetoric, and the "Great Communicator" Revisited
- Dr. Robert Rowland quoted in CQ Researcher article on lies and politics
- Nancy Baym appears in a story on Social Networking's Effect on Marital Status - Feb 4, 2011
- Nancy Baym appears in a story on privacy on the Internet.
- Communication Studies Department highlighted in article, "Kemper Awards honor faculty across spectrum".
- Dr. Scott Harris has been selected as the first recipient of the Gene A. Budig Teaching Professorship in the Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Nancy Baym appeared on the BBC World Forum. For the full 55 minute show visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00912kg. For the "60 Second Idea to Improve the World" piece, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/forum60sec.
- Dr. Jeff Hall's research on Internet dating is featured on the KU homepage: http://www.news.ku.edu/2010/march/3/onlinedating.shtml and CNN Living: http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/05/online.dating.liars/index.html?iref=24hours - March 5, 2010.
- Alesia Hanzal quoted in Kansas Public Radio's “Kansas Health: A Prescription for Change” story Making the most of romantic relationships - February 15, 2010.
- Adrianne Kunkel quoted in the following Valentine's Day articles: Romance can boom or bust on Valentine's Day, Researcher says Valentine's Day poses opportunity and peril for would-be lovers, With Valentine's Day looming, your body wants you to be a romantic
- Nancy Baym, along with two students, interviewed for KMBC news segment "Are You Addicted to Facebook": http://www.kmbc.com/video/21537443/ - November 5, 2009
- Jay Childers and Scott Harris quoted in University Daily Kansan article Rhetoric remains subject of debate - September 29, 2009
- Nancy Baym quoted in USA Today article 'Flocking' behavior lands on social networking sites - September 27, 2009
- Nancy Baym quoted in a New York Times article Internet Protocol: Overzealous Friending and IMing With the Boss - September 26, 2009