- Congratulations to Amanda Houk for passing her oral comprehensive exam!
- Welcome to our newest group members, Tim Quincy and Riley Ross!
- Cassie presented a poster at the Gordon Research Conference on Electronic Spectroscopy and Dynamics (July 2012)
- Igor presented a poster at the Gordon Research Conference on Atomic and Molecular Interaction (July 2012)
- Chris was awarded a five year, $650,000 CAREER award from the National Science Foundation for his proposal "Controlling non-adiabatic reaction dynamics in solution: A window on the fundamental details of photochemical reactions." (http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward.do?AwardNumber=1151555) Follow this link for the complete KU News Release.
- Elles group alum, Joseph Varberg, will start graduate school at the Indiana University School of Medicine BioMedical Gateway Program in August 2012.
- Chris has been awarded a Visiting Faculty position at the University of Rome (La Sapienza). He will spend 3 months this summer working with Tullio Scopigno to study the structural dynamics of molecular switches using Femtosecond Stimulated Raman Spectroscopy (FSRS).
- Cassie was awarded the Kenneth L. and Gertrude Irene Marsi Scholarship for superior academic performance by an advanced graduate student. (May 2012)
- Will was awarded the Bricker Scholarship for outstanding performance by a chemistry major. (May 2012)
- The group's first paper was accepted in Physical Chemistry
Chemical Physics! (12/12/2011)
- Congratulations to Cassie Ward for passing her oral examination! (12/12/2011)
- The whole group traveled to Denver, CO to attend the National ACS meeting
from August 27-September 1, 2011. Chris gave a talk in the Excited State
Dynamics Symposium. Igor and Cassie both presented posters.
- The Elles Group received
the 2011 Kansas EPSCoR First Award! (http://www.nsfepscor.ku.edu/first-awards-yr2.html)
- Jenna received the Madison and Lila Self Graduate Fellowship for 2011-2015.
- Cassie was awarded the Kenneth L. and Gertrude
Irene Marsi Scholarship for superior academic performance by an advanced
graduate student (May 2011).
- Jenna was awarded the Adrienne Hiscox Mitchell Scholarship
given to an outstanding female graduate student (May 2011).
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, retaliation, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and is the University’s Title IX Coordinator: the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.