If a bomb threat is received:
Click here for the Bomb Threat Check Sheet
- Stay calm.
- If your phone has Caller ID, record the number displayed.
- Gain the attention of someone else nearby, point to this information and have that person call 911. This call should be made
out of hearing range from the caller.
- Try to keep the caller on the phone long enough to complete the Bomb Threat Check Sheet located on the
- Ask check-sheet questions.
- Work with arriving emergency personnel to assist them in evaluating the situation.
- Assist emergency responders with a search of the area if requested.
- Provide for an orderly evacuation only when ordered by emergency personnel.
Bomb Threat Check Sheet is provided on the next page.
- If the threat is received via voicemail or e-mail, save and give to the police.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the Universityâ€™s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.