If a bomb threat is received:
Click here for the Bomb Threat Check Sheet
- Stay calm.
- If your phone has Caller ID, record the number displayed.
- Gain the attention of someone else nearby, point to this information and have that person call 911. This call should be made
out of hearing range from the caller.
- Try to keep the caller on the phone long enough to complete the Bomb Threat Check Sheet located on the
- Ask check-sheet questions.
- Work with arriving emergency personnel to assist them in evaluating the situation.
- Assist emergency responders with a search of the area if requested.
- Provide for an orderly evacuation only when ordered by emergency personnel.
Bomb Threat Check Sheet is provided on the next page.
- If the threat is received via voicemail or e-mail, save and give to the police.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.